Micromax A116 Canvas HD was released on Valentine’s Day and soon the stock was exhausted.Now it is available in all local stores and dealers.i know that many peoples they have already per-ordered and enjoyed the canvas HD. Many of them have rooted their Cnavas HD,also changed their Stock rom and It’s good because its enable us to learn new things but you also know that rooting and changing rom will remove the manufacturer warranty but not if the phone already have official rom. Yes the Official Rom of Micromax canvas HD A116 is now available in XDA. I am just writing the all step given in xda sit to their in detail.
- Stock ROM
- Flash Tool
- A computer
- A Micromax A116 (obviously)
1. Install drivers for your phone using Micromax drivers. Download Link
2. Extract the Stock ROM folder Download Link
If you want to install CWM along with official rom,then replace recovery.img with cwm recovery (Download CWM updated Version)
Note:Use recovery.img(Default) if you want tech support from micromax Service center other wise they will freeze you warranty.
3. Extract and open the SP Flash Tools.(Run As Administrator) Download Link
4. In SP Flash Tools, click on Scatter-Loading and the program will ask you the location of the scatter loading file for your device.
5. In the extracted folder of the stock rom, go to the folder named “S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user” and select the file“MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc” which is our scatter loading file.
6. Switch off your phone (Remove the battery to make sure it is switched off).IMP
7. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Click options again and then go to DA Download All > Speed and finally select High Speed.
8. Click the Download option (present on the right of Firmware Upgrade option) and the flash tool will start looking for your phone.
9. Connect your phone now. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the flash tool.
**Don’t interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device.
**Make sure no power interruption takes place. (Use a laptop to ensure this).
10. After the process completes, a green ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successful.
11.Disconnect your phone.
Software release notes
1. With a fix of unable to install Flip board application.
2. With a fix of auto rotation issue.
3. Live wallpaper is integrated as a option for user to set as manual.
4. M! Store application is removed.
Extra Download Link
- 64bit drivers:-http://page2.yunfile.com/file/down/v…/fd984563.html
Credit: kumar abhishek